In general, the deadline to register to vote in any election is the close of business on the fifth Monday preceding the election. For example, for the November 2, 2000 General Election, the deadline is Monday, October 4.
Runoff elections are considered to be an extension of the preceding Primary or General election, so the deadline is the same as that for the Primary or General election. For example, the November 23 Runoff, if needed, is an extension of the November 2 General Election, so the deadline for registration is Monday, October 4.
Voter Registration Deadline
|Presidential Preference Primary/Special Election||February 2, 2004||March 2, 2004|
|General Primary/Nonpartisan Election/Special Election||June 21, 2004||July 20, 2004|
|Primary Runoff/Nonpartisan Runoff/Special Runoff||June 21, 2004||August 10, 2004|
|Special Election||August 23, 2004||September 21, 2004|
|General - Nonpartisan Election/Special Election||October 4, 2004||November 2, 2004|
|General - Nonpartisan Runoff||October 4, 2004||November 23, 2004|
You may also obtain a mail-in registration form from a number of places, including:
You may download the mail-in registration form for printout from your computer. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to print out the form. Acrobat Reader is free from Adobe.
This version of the form by be filled out on your computer before printing, but must be printed out and signed before mailing. Include with the form a copy of one of the following:
(1) a valid Georgia driver's license; (14) A copy of a utility bill;
(2) a valid identification card issued by a branch, department, agency, or entity of the State of Georgia, any other state, or the United States authorized by law to issue personal identification;
(3) a valid United States passport;
(4) a valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the elector and issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States government, this state, or any county, municipality, board, authority, or other entity of this state;
(5) a valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the elector and issued by any employer of the elector in the ordinary course of such employer's business;
(6) a valid student identification card containing a photograph of the elector from any public or private college, university, or postgraduate technical or professional school located within the state of Georgia;
(7) a valid Georgia license to carry a pistol or revolver;
(8) a valid pilot's license issued by the Federal Aviation Administration or other authorized agency of the United States;
(9) a valid United States military identification card;
(10) a certified copy of the elector's birth certificate;
(11) a valid social security card;
(12) certified naturalization documentation;
(13) or a certified copy of court records showing adoption, name, or sex change;
(15) A bank statement (will be kept confidential);
(16) A government check or payment with name and address; or
(17) A government document that shows the name and address of the elector.
(14) A copy of a utility bill;
|Voter Registration Form||Adobe Acrobat Reader|